Saks names product differentiation, trend merchandising vp
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 4/16/2002 12:00:00 AM
Birmingham, AL — Saks Inc. has named Karolyn Wangstad senior vp of product differentiation and trend merchandising for Saks Department Store Group (SDSG), reporting to George Jones, president and ceo of SDSG.
For the past several years, Wangstad has held trend merchandising and product development positions for Payless Shoe Source, Montgomery Ward and The Cato Corp. From 1985 to 1994, she was with Target Stores as vp of trend merchandising/imports. Prior to Target, she was director of trend merchandising for Dayton Hudson Department Stores.
"Karolyn will be at the heart of our strategic initiative of product differentiation, and I am confident that her expertise will greatly contribute to our future success," said Jones.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...