Ross Stores hits Atlanta market with two units
Plans 50 stores in NC, SC and GA by 2004
By Andrea Lillo -- Home Textiles Today, 3/12/2001 12:00:00 AM
NEWARK, CA -Ross Stores, a leading off-price apparel retailer that also sells domestics, broke into the Atlanta market with two locations this past week, in Douglaston and Lawrenceville, with more to come.
The 32,628-square-foot store in Douglaston Pavilion and the 33,400-square-foot store in Lawrenceville are the first two locations in the state, but not the last. The retailer plans to open three more stores in the Atlanta region by this fall.
"We are excited about the opportunity to offer our new Atlanta customers great bargains on name-brand apparel and home-related merchandise," said Jim Peters, president and coo.
"Our Douglaston and Lawrenceville locations are the first of 25 to 30 stores Ross plans to open in Georgia, North Carolina and South Carolina in 2001 and 2002. By 2004, we expect to operate as many as 50 stores in these three states."
In conjunction with the openings, Ross hosted a fundraiser on March 9th for the Make-A-Wish Foundation at the Lawrenceville store.
In addition, customers can enter to win a $500 shopping spree through March 18th.
Ross operates 409 stores in 17 states.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...