Mohawk trims earnings guidance
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 7/9/2008 1:01:00 PM
Calhoun, Ga. – Floorcovering giant Mohawk Industries has lowered its second quarter 2008 guidance for earnings per diluted share to $1.23-$1.26, down from previous guidance of $1.36-$1.45.
“This revision is attributable to all segments having lower than anticipated sales and margins for the period,” Mohawk said, noting as key factors “the continuing decline in the U.S. residential market, slowing European demand and rapidly increasing raw material and energy costs.”
The company said it continues to push cost-containment initiatives internally and is “implementing multiple price increases” as well.
Mohawk plans to release 2Q earnings results on July 21.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...