Pillowtex begins new era with Dale as senior vp
By Marvin Lazaro -- Home Textiles Today, 8/3/2001 5:05:00 PM
Kannapolis, NC — The hiring of Gretchen Dale by Pillowtex Corp. as its new senior vp, design and new product development may herald a new era for the major mill.
Dale, who comes to the Kannapolis, NC-based Pillowtex after eight years at tabletop and kitchen textiles manufacturer Bardwil Linens, will oversee design and development and will report to Scott Shimizu, executive vp, sales and marketing. She will also be based here.
"I think it's really going to be a fun experience," Dale told HTT about her new company, position and responsibilities. "[The job is] going to entail pretty much anything, whether it's fabrications or a new way of making things or perhaps a new product category."
Dale added that by joining Pillowtex, and with the help of those working with her, she hopes to introduce plenty of change and new product and that she expected to unveil new products during the upcoming fall market with a major thrust tentatively planned for spring market in 2002.
"Mij Adams [vp, fashion designer] and Tom McElroy [divisional vp, mass merchandise design] head up two design staffs with a great team of young people," she said. "There's a lot of excitement going on around here, and there's a push to introduce new things here.
"I think some brands will be reinvigorated, while others will be getting some repositioning," Dale added. "This is really a job that brings it all together, and we'll bring out a product when it's right, with all of the marketing tools around it."
"Pillowtex is a fashion leader in home furnishings, but we want to enhance our design and product development activities. Gretchen is the top choice to fill this expanded business unit," said Shimizu about Dale.
"Gretchen Dale brings with her more than 20 years of experience in the home textiles industry," Shimizu added. "Not only does she have extensive experience in the industry, but she has a solid reputation with retailers and others in the industry for exciting, creative design and cutting-edge product development, attributes that are necessary to excel in today's competitive environment."
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...