Sun Capital, Golden Gate to buy Eddie Bauer
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 11/13/2006 11:39:00 AM
Redmond, Wash. – Eddie Bauer will be acquired by a holding company controlled by Sun Capital Partners and Golden Gate Capital for a transaction in cash and debt assumption totaling approximately $614 million.
The sale is the culmination of an exploration of strategic alternatives initiated by Eddie Bauer this past May and is expected to close in the first quarter of 2007. The three firms expressed confidence that their combined experience in retail, catalogs and fashion marketing would provide new success for the brand.
Among Sun Capital's current affiliated portfolio companies are Mervyn's, ShopKo Stores, Lillian Vernon, Marsh Supermarkets, Anchor Blue Retail Group, Dim Branded Apparel, and Most. Among Golden Gate Capital's current investments is Catalog Holdings, a $1.1 billion revenue direct marketer of women's apparel whose brands include Spiegel, Newport News, Appleseed's, Norm Thompson, Drapers and Damons, Venus, and Haband, among other titles. Other consumer products investments include Herbalife, Eye Care Centers of America, Neways, and Leiner Health Products.
In soft home, Eddie Bauer home textiles are produced by JLA via a licensing agreement.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...