Sphinx reveals Oasis preparations
Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 7/30/2001 12:00:00 AM
DALTON, GA —
The July market was barely over when Oriental Weavers Group's Sphinx division, based here, elaborated on preparations currently in the works for the launch of a new handmade rug collection to be introduced in January at the next Atlanta International Area Rug Show.
Sphinx, traditionally a machine-made rug manufacturer in Cairo, Egypt, has been gearing up since February to create the new line of handmade rugs, which will be introduced in 2002 under a new company division being dubbed Oasis. The handmade rugs will be imported from several countries, including China and India.
Oasis is being spearheaded by Linda Harlow, division managing director. Harlow previously worked for Macy's West for 25 years, most recently as area rug buyer. She joined Sphinx on Feb. 1.
"Handmades is an important move for Sphinx," Harlow said. "It's important for us to enter that category."
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...