HSN names new execs at dot-com unit
-- Home Textiles Today, 4/21/2003 4:31:00 PM
St. Petersburg, FL — Home Shopping Network has named Frank Han executive vp and general manager of hsn.com and appointed Richard Ogawa vp of hsn.com merchandising and Scott Sanborn vp of hsn.com marketing.
Hsn.com boosted revenue 46 percent in 2002, generating more sales last year than it did in the previous three years combined, the company said. In December 2002, a record 73 percent of all hsn.com customers were new to the network, according to the company.
Han, one of the co-founders of eToys, will oversee online merchandising, online marketing, technology and operations for the site. He was previously senior vp of e-commerce, for Park Place Entertainment, which operates 18 U.S. casino hotels. He will report to Bob Rosenblatt, president of HSN-U.S.
Ogawa and Sanborn will report to Han.
Ogawa will work with HSN's merchandising team to identify potential crossover products offered on HSN TV and will also source Web-exclusive merchandise. He was previously founder of REcommerce Group, a global e-business consulting group.
Sanborn will work with HSN’s marketing team to increase dot.com penetration of existing customers. He was previously vp of account services at Agency.com, which managed interactive advertising accounts.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...