Teijin to sell only Celanese acetate
Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 1/7/2002 12:00:00 AM
NEW YORK —
Celanese Acetate Textiles and Teijin Ltd. have signed a marketing and sales assistance agreement that will replace the companies' previously announced plans to form a joint venture producing and selling acetate in Asia.
Under the new plan, Teijin will sell acetate filament products produced by Celanese in North America in the Asian market under the Celanese name. As a related move, Teijin will discontinue manufacturing acetate by February.
Celanese, which produces acetate in plans in Virginia, Mexico and Belgium, will end production of acetate fiber in Belgium.
The dissolution of the joint venture was attributed to market conditions that were no longer viable, Celanese reported.
Celanese Acetate is the world's largest producer of cellulose acetate filament used in home furnishings, apparel and industrial uses.
We would love your feedback!
- Jul 19, 2012
- Feb 22, 2012
- Oct 24, 2011
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...