Allure gets seriously green with The Naturals bath goods
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 9/17/2008 2:29:00 PM
At the New York Market – Allure Home Creation is offering biodegradable and compost-able bath coordinate collections under its new The Naturals line of eco-oriented goods.
The accessories come in three styles, each targeted to a separate price point bracket – good, better, best – explained Gaby Colquitt, vp design and marketing.
The Naturals accessories are made using recycled glass, bamboo and porcelain – all sustainable resources.
The shower curtain assortment comprises PEVA, recycled plastic beverage bottle-made fibers, recycled cotton and organic cotton. Matching tub mats are made in two non-toxic constructions: thermoplastic rubber and organic cotton tufted. Bath towels are not part of this eco-program.
Colquitt said The Naturals has been in the making for the past year.
“This has been a great project for us,” she said. “We all believe in it 100%. It was challenging for us to come up with biodegradable, recyclable, reusable materials to make these products, especially in the case of the plastic goods. But we did it, and it’s been worth it.”
Much of the product line here is U.S.-made, including the plastics. Some of the tub mats and shower curtains were made in China.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...