Tuesday Morning wants to double store base
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 1/16/2004 12:00:00 AM
NEW YORK — Event-based discount retailer Tuesday Morning feels that in view of the favorable value-oriented market, it can double its store base to more than 1,000 stores, up from its year end total of 577.
It is underpenetrated in the Northeast, said Loren Jensen, chief financial officer and executive vice president, but there "are opportunities coast to coast."
California, one of the retailer's denser states with 72 stores, could add more, for example. Small markets, where perhaps the only department store closed as department-store retailers pulled back, are other areas ripe for its format, he added.
Its low-cost operating model can fit it in many destination spots, but, "You will never see us on the end cap in a shopping center," Jensen told attendees at SG Cowen's Consumer Conference last week. "We manage our real estate dollar very carefully."
Requiring only $95,000 for fixturing and start up costs, and $135,000 for net inventory, a new store will reap a 70 percent return on investment within a year, said Jensen.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...