Stainmaster area rugs unveiled
By Carole Sloan -- Home Textiles Today, 5/20/2002 12:00:00 AM
NEW YORK —
Five rug suppliers have launched the first area rugs using DuPont's Stainmaster brand.
Stainmaster, a major player in the broadloom business, is being offered by Mohawk Home, Masland, Capel, Soho and an exclusive Laura Ashley collection from Beaulieu at Lowe's, according to Carol Haslach, marketing communications manager. Stainmaster, said Gary Johnston, marketing communications brand manager/nylon, represents a proprietary "recipe combining fiber, protection and construction parameters."
According to DuPont's statistics, 45 percent of the broadloom introductions at Surfaces 2002 in Las Vegas in January were Stainmaster.
DuPont introduced the area rug program at a press preview here last week.
The rugs, using various nylon fiber constructions, "are manufactured to a quality standard that is very competitive in terms of price," Johnston said. For broadloom, as an example, Stainmaster products carry a $1.00 to $1.50 per square yard premium.
From a marketing perspective, "we are doing research on what styles consumers want, and this will be our main focus for the year," Haslach said. "We are working to fill out the product line." The initial rugs cover the gamut, including multi-level loop, cut/uncut, exotic prints, unique tufting and sculpturing, Haslach said. Promotion of the Stainmaster area rugs will probably not take place this year, she added.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...