Wal-Mart names Trius head of Wal-Mart Asia
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 1/14/2008 12:43:00 PM
Bentonville, Ark. – Vicente Trius, who has been president and ceo of Wal-Mart Brazil since 1997, has been appointed evp, president and ceo of Wal-Mart Asia, International.
The position oversees 82,000 Wal-Mart associates active in: the 101 stores in China plus a minority position in the 102-unit Trust-Mart chain; and the 394-unit Seiyu retail chain in Japan; as well as the new India joint venture with Bharti Enterprises.
Prior to joining Wal-Mart International as vp operations in 1996, Trius had worked for Dairy Farm International and Revco Drugstores.
Hector Nunez will become president and ceo of Wal-Mart Brazil effective Feb. 1. He joined Wal-Mart Brazil as evp and coo in July 2006. Before joining Wal-Mart, Nunez worked at Coca-Cola, Del Valle and Hertz.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...