HFI's pet bed business far from "ruff"
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 2/9/2006 11:44:00 AM
New York -- Just four months after adding the pet bed category to its offerings, Home Fashions International is expanding its category assortment, based on "more than triple" the requests from retailers.
"Interest from retailers has really ramped up -- quickly," said HFI vp Amy Bell. Added executive vp Neil Zuber, "We're getting it from all levels of retail: high end, catalogs, dotcom, mass, big box stores, everywhere."
HFI is seeing the category evolve from utilitarian to decorative; the offering now includes embossed suedes, printed suedes, faux furs "and even formal damask looks, which are getting a very nice response," Bell said. Trims are also being requested more and more.
Sizes have gone from just three basic dimensions to a range of smaller and larger sizes, running from 20-inch rounds to 36"-x-45". Particularly popular sizes include extra-small beds for teacup-size pets. Retail price points are set to average from $29.99 to $79.99 for these pet beds.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...