Big Lots shifting ad dollars from circulars to TV
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 6/23/2004 12:00:00 AM
DURANT, Okla. — Big Lots Stores Inc. laid out key initiatives for this year, including advertising and merchandising upgrades, during the Wachovia Securities 14th annual Nantucket Equity conference earlier today.
Efforts to better merchandising include improved in-stock performance, said Michael Potter, chairman and CEO. For the near future, the chain is looking to "bring in more talent and update systems," he said. "We still have more work to do in our merchandising initiatives."
Big Lots this year embarked on the second year of a national television advertising campaign that has helped grow the store's national awareness.
"We have only a 15 to 16 percent national awareness," Potter said. "TV helps us reach a broader audience."
The store said it used to release 42 circulars per year but recently cut back to 25 circulars annually and is spending the other half of this advertising budget on the television ads.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...