Veken wins again on ‘coral fleece’ patent
-- Home Textiles Today, 11/6/2008 2:39:00 PM
Ningbo, China -- Veken Group Holding Co. Ltd. has settled its suit in the Chinese civil courts against Changzou Aoyang Textiles Co., Ltd., a supplier to U.S. retailers.
At issue was Chinese Patent No. ZL200510050367.5, which covers what Veken calls “coral fleece” products that fall on or below 0.58 dtex, commonly known or referred to as 150D/288F.
Veken agreed to withdraw its suit providing Changzou Aoyang Textiles ceases producing fleece products that fall on or below 0.58 dtex, agrees to pay a penalty of 10 times the sales amount on any future product that infringes on the patent without prior authorization by Veken, and pays for Veken’s legal costs in the suit.
The patent grants Veken exclusive rights fleece products that fall on or below 0.58 dtex through May 18, 2025 and was granted by The State Intellectual Property Office of The People’s Republic of China.
Veken won two lawsuits earlier this year in both the Jiang Su and Zhe Jiang provinces where most of the “coral fleece” product is currently manufactured. The manufacturer has four more cases pending.
DAVID CROCKETT - 2008-11-07 05:49:00 EST
THIS ARTICLKE ABOUT VEKEN IS NOT TRUE AT ALL! THEY COULD NOT PROVE THEY HAD A LIGITIMATE PATENT WITH CORAL fLEECE .PLEASE HAVE YOUR STAFF GET A HOLD OF ME SO I CAN GIVE THEM THE CORRECT INFORMATION. FACTORIES HAVE BEEN PRODUCING CORAL FLEEC FOR MANY YEARS BEFORE THIS BOGUS PATENT WAS FILED. THE REAL FACT IS THAT A KOREAN COMPANY PRODUCED CORAL FLEECE IN THE FIRST PLACE. WE HAVE INVOICES TO PROVE THIS. THIS PATENT WOULD NEVER HOLD UP IN THE U.S.A.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...