Fuentes tapped as Nautica marketing vp
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 1/26/2004 12:00:00 AM
NEW YORK —
Chris Fuentes has been named vice president of marketing for Nautica, as part of the VF Corporation Sportswear Coalition. He currently serves as vice president, business development for the VF Corporation Global Intimates Coalition.
In his new role, Fuentes will have overall marketing responsibilities for the brand and report to David Chu, Nautica CEO.
"Chris will make a valuable contribution to Nautica, as he combines his strong leadership skills with a proven marketing career to help Nautica achieve its growth potential," said Eric Wiseman, vice president and chairman, Sportswear & Global Intimates Coalitions.
VF's Sportswear Coalition, which was formed in August 2003 when the company merged with Nautica Enterprises, Inc., includes Nautica, Earl Jean and John Varvatos.
Fuentes joined the VF Corporation in 1994 in the Intimates Coalition as director of marketing/business development Vassarette until his promotion to vice president, marketing for Bestform Intimates in 1997. In January 2001, he was promoted to vice president marketing for the Intimates Coalition, and in 2003 he became vice president of business development.
"I'm happy to have Chris join the Nautica team, and look forward to the experience his extensive marketing background will add to the growth strategy of Nautica as a global lifestyle brand," said Chu. "We've brought Nautica product design and execution to a new level, and Chris' marketing expertise will contribute to defining and developing the strategic positioning of the Nautica brand."
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...