Green seminars set for NRF conference
-- Home Textiles Today, 12/28/2009 12:09:00 PM
Washington – The National Retail Federtaion’s annual conference in New Year next month will include a series of presentations about how retailers can boost profits while improving their eco-friendly posture.
Walmart’s senior vp of sustainability, Matt Kistler, will lead a major session titled “Sustainability in Retail – Increasing Profitability and Impacting the World” on Jan. 11 from 9:45 a.m. to 10:45 a.m. at the Jacob Javits Center. He will be joined by Peter Graf, chief sustainability officer at SAP.
Other sustainability-related programs include:
“Green Your Supply Chain and See Earnings Go from Red to Black,” Jan. 10, 10:15 a.m. Speakers include Ken Bonning, executive vp, logistics, Kohl’s, and Rajiv Malik, vp, Old Navy global production & Old Navy Outlet.
Attendees will hear how leading companies have introduced green initiatives into their supply chains and how these initiatives can positively impact “Environmentally Sustainable Retailing: Improving Profitability through Green Remodels,” Jan. 11, noon. Speakers include James Thomas, vp, corporate social responsibility, JCPenney, and Scott Bearse, director, Deloitte Consulting.
“Net Zero Buildings: Creating Stores that Save and Make Money,” Jan. 11, 1:45 p.m. Speakers include Joseph Nevin, senior principal, Bergmeyer, and Michael Davis, vp, Bergmeyer.
“The Consumer Response to Sustainability,” Jan. 12, 1:45 p.m. Speakersinclude Kevin Hagen, director of corporate social responsibility, REI, and Will Ander, senior partner, McMillian Doolittle.
This panel discussion will present an overview of the current outlook through a customer’s eyes and will examine customers’ preferences and trends “Measuring Sustainability: Presenting the Sustainable Retailing Consortium Scorecard,” Jan. 13, 8:30 a.m. The speaker is James Dion, president, Dionco.
The 2010 convention and expo take place Jan. 10-13 at the Jacob Javits Convention Center in New York.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...