Foote named top exec at Zellers
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 7/30/2008 2:18:00 PM
Toronto – Zellers, the discount division of Hudson’s Bay Company, has named Mark Foote president and ceo, effective in mid-August.
Foote was most recently president and chief merchandising officer at Loblaw Companies; he is known for his 20-plus-year stint at Canadian Tire Corp., which included five years as president at Canadian Tire Retail where he helped build brand recognition and implemented new store formats while reworking supply chain operations.
“Mark’s DNA is coded with tremendous Canadian retail experience,” said Jeffrey Sherman, himself the newly named ceo of Hbc. “ That depth of knowledge will be an asset to Hbc as we move forward with our plan to drive top-line growth at Zellers and re-energize the brand.”
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...