Design Winners Named as Pierre Deux Expands
By Cecile B. Corral -- Home Textiles Today, 11/26/2007 12:00:00 AM
Secaucus, N.J. —
Interior designer Lin Lee, head of Lin Lee & Associates, won first place in the Pierre Deux national "Take a Seat to Toile" designer challenge.
Her winning chair was Simply Elegant, a design using a brown and white toile with nailhead trim.
The competition challenged interior designers to create their interpretation of a fashionable French country chair featuring a Pierre Deux toile fabric using a basic Parsons chair as the base.
Ten markets were selected to participate. Designs were featured in the respective design stores/showrooms and shoppers were asked to vote. At each location 10% of the day's sales were donated to the designer's choice of charity.
Second place went to Dena Novick Hamilburg of Hamilburg Interiors, Boston, who created Toile en Haute Couture, a chair inspired by Marie Antoinette.
The 10 regional winning designs were gathered in New York earlier this month for final judging. Chairs at the judging were entered into a silent auction, with proceeds given to Aid to Artisans, a non-profit organization that helps develop opportunities for craftsmen in developing countries. At press time, six of the 10 chairs were sold. The winning chairs will be featured in a spring issue of Traditional Home magazine.
Pierre Deux also has opened a new store in Greenwich, Conn., a just under 3,000-square-foot unit styled as a house, bringing its total stores and design showrooms to 18 in the United States, according to Heather Ryan, vp sales and marketing.
The company is in the process of relocating a number of these locations: Dallas now is a 4,000-square-foot unit open to both retail and the design trade in the design district; San Francisco, to reopen Dec. 1 in a 3,500-square-foot unit on Sacramento Street; and the Madison Avenue store in New York will close. "We are in the process of looking for another Manhattan unit, and our showroom in the D&D building is working very well," Ryan added.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...