Kate Spain partners with Moda for fabric collection
-- Home Textiles Today, 5/13/2009 12:37:00 PM
The initial collection, titled Verna, is set to hit retail shelves of independent fabric and quilting shops worldwide in spring 2010.
"Kate's designs and color sense are very fresh and will offer an appealing new look for our retailers and consumers. We are all thrilled about having her on board," said Cheryl Freydberg, Moda's design director.
The designer fabric collection will include several coordinating colorways, from budding pinks to daybreak yellows, and dewdrop blues "that are perfect" for an array of products, like quilting and home crafts.
"Verna is a collection that's about those very first signs of spring that fill us with optimism, hope, and joy," Spain said. "It's a celebration of the small and beautiful flowers that herald the onset of warmer days."
Verna will be followed by a Kate Spain Holiday collection, to be available for fall of next year.
In addition, Spain is exploring opportunities for her designs in the home furnishings and bedding categories.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...