Penney repositioning capital
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 8/2/2004 12:00:00 AM
PLANO, Texas — J.C. Penney Company, Inc. is planning a major repositioning of its capital structure. The plan, which will utilize the entire net cash proceeds of approximately $3.5 billion from the sale of Eckerd drugstore operations and $1.1 billion of existing cash balances, consists of:
— Up to $3 billion for share repurchases, including up to $650 million contingent on the conversion of the company's 5 percent convertible subordinated notes due 2008 to common shares,
— $2.3 billion for the reduction of outstanding debt, and a
—$3.4 billion elimination of the present value of Eckerd lease obligations.
Allen Questrom, Chairman and CEO, said, "Our management team continues to focus on improving the customer experience as well as operating performance. The steps we are taking today reflect the confidence we have in our business and our commitment to further enhance shareholder value."
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...