Ikea grand opening in Utah today
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 5/23/2007 11:52:00 AM
Draper,Utah– This suburb ofSalt Lake Cityis celebrating the grand opening of a310,000-square-footIkea store today, with GovernorJon Huntsman slated to be on hand.
The 255th store worldwide, this Ikea is the 30th in the United States– marking a doubling of the store base since 2003, the company said.
Besides amenities for which the home furnishings specialty retailer is well known, such as Swedish meatballs and other delicacies served in both bistro and restaurant settings, this store will offer 51 inspirational room-settings and three model homes “reflecting a variety of living situations,” the company said.
Store manager Paul Janzen was set to oversee a traditional Swedish log-sawing ceremony just prior to the opening, bringing good luck to the new home and its future visitors.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...