Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 10/1/2001 12:00:00 AM
JCP to open new format store
JCPenney has announced that it will open a new store in southeast Florida that will have wider aisles, improved lighting and larger signage, as well as more focus on its dominant assortments in key areas, including towels and window treatments. Other features will include a full-service catalog desk, gift registry and customer decorating services. The company is investing $100 million to build 14 new stores this year with these new features, and the new store in Wellington, FL, will open Oct. 5.
Kmart strengthens operational focus
Kmart's thrust to bring its systems up to "world class" has brought yet another former Wal-Mart exec into the fold and spurred two additional promotions. The retailer has hired David Montoya as executive vp, store operations.
Montoya's background includes 20 years of domestic and international retailing experience with Wal-Mart, Big V Supermarkets, Hechinger's/Builder's Square, and HEB Grocery Company.
He reports to president and coo Mark Schwartz, who prior to holding the post of president and ceo at Big V, spent 16 years at Wal-Mart.
Kmart also appointed two new senior vps, both reporting to Montoya. Gregg Treadway joins Kmart as senior vp, Midwest Division, from Dollar General. His experience includes positions at AutoZone, Inc. and Wal-Mart Stores.
Lee Viliborghi becomes senior vp, Northwest Division. A 30-year Kmart veteran, Viliborghi was most recently the regional vp in the Denver Region.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...