Dollar General shuffles execs
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 4/10/2008 12:35:00 PM
Goodlettsville, Tenn. – As part of ongoing strategic initiatives, neighborhood discounter Dollar General has shifted the responsibilities of president David Bere, and has announced the resignation of two executives.
Bere, most recently coo as well as president, has been named president and chief strategy officer, a newly created role in which he will work closely with senior management team and assist ceo Rick Dreiling in identifying and implementing the company's continuing strategy changes.
Meanwhile, resignations effective April 15 have been submitted by Beryl Buley, division president of merchandising, marketing and supply chain; and Wayne Gibson, svp of Dollar General Market.
The 8,200-unit retailer is searching for a new head of merchandising; Dreiling will oversee those functions in the interim.
Operational functions of Dollar General Market stores will report to Kathleen Guion, division president of store operations and store development.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...