Blau Gallery to produce Hilfiger and Lepore rugs
by Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 11/6/2006 12:14:00 PM
New York – The Doris Leslie Blau Gallery will unveil next March exclusive carpet designs created in conjunction with designers Tommy Hilfiger and Nanette Lepore.
At a gala launch set for March 8, 2007, an auction of the four original, signed carpets will be held as a fundraiser for Gilda’s Club Worldwide.
“This collection is unique in that no other company has partnered with these two top designers to create a line of carpets,” said Nader Bolour, president of the Doris Leslie Blau Gallery. “The new collection represents the marriage of interior design and home fashion.”
Hilfiger has designed a handmade 100% Tibetan wool rug in a tailored navy and red chain-link pattern, as well as a 100% wool Aubusson weave in a blue-and-white anchor motif.
Lepore interprets her fabrics with a multi-colored, peacock-feather pattern with tassel accents, made from banana leaf fiber, which Blau Gallery notes “is luxurious to the look and touch, with a more ‘organic’ quality than pure silk.”
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...