-- Home Textiles Today, 2/26/2001 12:00:00 AM
Sugar Valley, GA
It wasn't until five years ago that Mohawk, the nation's top area rug manufacturer in 2000, branched out its offerings to include imported hand-tufted, gun-tufted synthetic and wool area rugs from China and India.
"We did it at the request of our retail partners," said Patrick Moyer, vp, marketing. "They need someone big enough to handle the orders, the inventory and the capability to ship product chainwide-sometimes to 2,400 stores; so they asked us, and we did it."
Since then, Mohawk's area rug import business has grown from 2 percent to 10 percent-about $60 million-of the entire division, "which sounds like a small percentage but is actually a pretty healthy business in itself," Moyer said.
We would love your feedback!
- Apr 12, 2012
- Jan 24, 2012
- Dec 16, 2011
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...