WPS realigns utility bedding roles
Hastings named director of product development
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 3/15/2004 12:00:00 AM
WEST POINT, GA. —
WestPoint Stevens has shifted responsibilities in its utility bedding division.
Brain Hastings has been named director of product development, utility bedding, and will oversee all development and merchandising aspects of the utility business. Teresa Chapin has been named product manager, utility bedding, reporting to Hastings.
Chapin will maintain the day-to-day development of all utility bedding, including product development, spec definition and costing to a price point.
In addition, Bill Butler, previously director of product development for all of basic bedding, will now focus on all blankets — woven and Vellux — as well as all heated product development.
Butler and Hastings report to Judi Alexander, basic bedding vice president, marketing.
"With this team, we will proactively develop products in tune with the marketplace and respond with good products that are priced accordingly to grow a profitable basic bedding business," Alexander said.
Hastings arrived at WestPoint Stevens via Liebhardt Mills, which he joined in 1997. Prior to that, he held account management positions with Bibb Manufacturing in the Royalton Division, with Springs Industries' Wamsutta Division and with Burlington Industries.
Chapin also joined WestPoint Stevens through Liebhardt Mills in 1980. She was most recently product development associate manager over all sample development at the Middletown (Ind.) plant.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...