Walmart de Mexico President Named Chief for Latin America
Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 1/4/2010 12:00:00 AM
Bentonville, Ark. —
Wal-Mart Stores Inc. has promoted Eduardo Solorzano, president and ceo of Walmart de Mexico, to executive vp, president and ceo of Walmart Latin America, responsible for Walmart's operations in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua and Puerto Rico. In addition, Walmart de Mexico has elected Solorzano chairman of the board.
Scot Rank, executive vp and coo, will succeed Solorzano as president and ceo of the Mexican division. Rank has spent nine years with Walmart de Mexico.
Solorzano will be based in Walmart's Latin American regional office in Miami. His new appointment is effective Jan. 18.
Solorzano has led Walmart de Mexico since 2005 and was responsible for the creation of Banco Walmart, the company's first bank, as well as the Bodega Aurrera Express format.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...