Invista promotes fill power, eco-attributes
-- Home Textiles Today, 3/9/2009 1:27:00 PM
At the New York Market – Fiber resource Invista has introduced Downessence fiberfill, a “luxury-at-a-value-price” down alternative.
“The pillow made with Downessence fiberfill that we tested feels like a 525 fill power down pillow even though it has 10% less weight than the down pillow,” said Donna Kelloway, Invista bedding marketing manager for North America, speaking of a series of consumer tests.
In the studies, consumers who felt and re-fluffed pillows consistently rated Downessence fiberfill “as feeling and re-fluffing just like down,” Invista said.
Pillows made with the trademarked Downessence, which is also hypoallergenic, are machine-washable and, said Invista, “often retail at less than half the price of down pillows.” The company said the product offers a fuller hand and better resilience than other down alternative fills.
Invista is also showing three products developed to meet consumers’ demand for both comfort and ecologically sustainable manufacturing. These three fiberfills are Comforel Enviroluxe, a down alternative; Performa, engineered to provide high loft; and Dacron EcoSoft, a value-priced line designed for softness.
Research by Invista has revealed that – when it comes to considering pillows in an eco-friendly light – consumers put more stock in product durability than they do in the use of recycled materials. “Pillows are a highly personal purchase,” said Kelloway. “We must first meet consumers’ need for comfort and durability. Environmental benefits alone rarely influence consumers’ purchasing decisions.”
But Comforel Enviroluxe is 100% recycled polyester, so consumers can enjoy that green aspect of the product. Invista noted that its Performa line maintains loft longer – thus extending the useful life of the pillow – and reducing the average amount of fill used per pillow by 17%. And the Dacron EcoSoft fill is made with 60% recycled polyester fiber.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...