Penney ups the ante for Castagna
Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 7/15/2002 12:00:00 AM
PLANO, TX —
Vanessa Castagna has been elected to executive vp, J. C. Penney Co., Inc. and chairman and ceo of JCPenney stores, catalog and Internet, new positions for the corporation and the department store retailing entity.
Castagna was previously coo of JCP stores, catalog and Internet. She still will be responsible for marketing, human resources, product development and sourcing.
Ken Hicks has joined the company as president and coo of JCPenney stores and merchandise operations, a new position. He reports to Castagna.
He is responsible for stores, planning and allocation, supply chain management, store environment and coordination for stores, catalog and Internet. Hicks most recently was president of Payless Shoe Source.
Allen Questrom, chairman and ceo of the parent corporation, said, "This new title recognizes her scope of leadership and is consistent with retail organizational practice."
In addition, Penney has promoted three merchandise senior vps to executive vp, including Charles Chinni, who adds family footwear to his home and fine jewelry responsibilities. Other senior vps promoted are John Budd, chief marketing officer; John Irvin, JCPenney Direct; and Mike Taxter, director of stores.
All but Taxter continue to report to Castagna. Taxter reports to Hicks.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...