Fisher ascends as Stein Mart ceo
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 2/3/2003 3:02:00 PM
Jacksonville, FL — Michael D. Fisher has stepped into the additional role of ceo at Stein Mart, replacing the retiring John Williams, Jr., who is stepping down after 23 years. The planned succession was announced last June.
Fisher, 55, has been president and coo of the retailer since 2001. He joined Stein Mart in 1993 as executive vp, stores. Williams, 65, joined Stein Mart in 1980, when it consisted of just three stores. He became president in 1990 and ceo in 2001.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...