Wal-Mart names new president for e-commerce
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 12/20/2002 4:07:00 PM
Brisbane, CA — Wal-Mart Stores has promoted John Fleming to president and ceo of Walmart.com. Previously coo, he will continue to report to Tom Schoewe, executive vp and cfo of Wal-Mart Stores.
"Walmart.com is more deeply integrated with the overall Wal-Mart operation than it has ever been. We are also pleased with the development of our online business," said Lee Scott, president and ceo of Wal-Mart Stores.
The company noted in a press release that the site is experiencing a strong holiday season, particularly in toys, electronics and home, and is seeing significant increases in site traffic and sales over last year.
Fleming joined Walmart.com in 2000 as chief merchant, overseeing procurement of merchandise and managing supplier relations. He was previously senkor vp of merchandising for Marshall Fields, a division of Target.
He succeeds the chief executive role formerly held by Jeanne Jackson.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...