Waverly Grows Its Modern Classics
By Michele SanFilippo -- Home Textiles Today, 12/5/2005 12:00:00 AM
New York — —
New York — Waverly Lifestyle Group has continued to evolve its definition of modern classics by pushing the traditional design envelope to include more contemporary collections in finished bedding and fabrics.
Its newest bedding ensembles include Ashton Peony, Paradise Vine, Ballad Bouquet, Linear and Encircle. Each has at least one coverlet that can be layered in or stand alone.
Ashton Peony, from the Williamsburg Age of Exploration fabric collection, provides a botanical study of peonies on a cotton jacquard ribbon stripe paired with Peyton Ikat and Palmer Stripe coordinates in three potential colorways (raspberry, paprika or espresso). Also from this collection is Paradise Vine in a delicate meandering vine motif on a mist ground with gimped borders reversing to a pineapple print.
Ballad Bouquet, from Waverly's Romantic Overtures fabric collection, features a retro floral look that reverses to a vintage paisley with crochet, velour and chenille accents. This vintage paisley pattern can also be a separate quilt featuring a different floral print.
Linear, from the company's contemporary Harmonics collection, consists of a horizontal stripe printed on a checkered dobby reversing to a crewel-like floral for a clean, modern look with tailored euros and bed skirt in bright Scandinavian green, blue and white.
Encircle from the Contours fabric collection adds a contemporary spin to classic shapes with silhouettes and modern colors.
In window, highlights include: the Palmer Stripe box-pleated panel with button detail in six colors; the Clarissa valance bordered with Littleton Check featuring a custom-looking long tab-top valance with a scalloped presentation in four colors; the Pamela valance, a swag on rings with beaded pleat trims; and a tuck-top panel with the look of a valance.
F. Schumacher & Co. recently joined the Waverly and FSC Wallcoverings divisions to create better synergies between the two units. The Waverly division has been up for sale.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...