By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 1/19/2004 12:00:00 AM
Federated to close underperforming stores
CINCINNATI — Federated Department Stores said it's closing five underperforming Rich's-Macy's and Lazarus-Macy's stores by May.
The stores are Rich's-Macy's in Century Plaza, Birmingham, Ala., and the Cobb Center store in Smyrna, Ga., and Lazarus-Macy's stores in Westerville and Oxford, Ohio, and Pittsburgh.
Home Depot not planning to cross the pond
ATLANTA — For the near future, The Home Depot is concentrating on growing its base in North America only, though it remains cognizant of international opportunities. It is the worst time to do an international acquisition, executives said at its analyst and investor conference last week, given the current exchange rate. With 175 additional units planned for fiscal 2004, the retailer expects sales to grow between 9 and 12 percent.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...