The Showtime must go on – a little earlier this year
-- Home Textiles Today, 12/9/2004 1:00:00 PM
HIGH POINT, N.C. — Showtime has changed its kickoff time for the January event to noon on Sunday, Jan. 9, rather than the typical Monday opening at 8 a.m.
The new opening will be repeated for subsequent July and January events from now on, said Catherine Morsell, executive director of the International Textile Market Association (ITMA), organizers of Showtime.
The change was made because so many buyers were coming in to work on Sunday to take advantage of the reduced airfares with a Saturday stay-over. After surveying ITMA’s members after the July show, the decision was made to open officially on Sunday.
The January show will close on Thursday at 2 p.m., but beginning with the July show, closing will be 2 p.m. Wednesday.
Also, Showtime buyers will find that the Lindsay Street Bridge over the railroad tracks across from Market Square will be partially closed during January Showtime.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...