Sphinx hire to tackle mass, specialty
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 3/10/2003 12:00:00 AM
DALTON, GA —
Area rugs supplier Sphinx by Oriental Weavers recently appointed longtime industry veteran Bob Lakenan to the new position of director of business development, specializing in new business opportunities with mass and specialty merchants.
Sphinx created this post in response to growth both in the accent and scatter sizes segments as well as new interest in the larger sizes from stores that typically didn't carry area rugs.
"As the rug industry continues to grow, stores that used to only carry accents and scatters now are asking for 4' x 6' and 5' x 8' sizes, and stores that carried only area rugs now also want accents and scatters," said Mike Riley, executive vp, sales and marketing, to whom Lakenan will report. "We are doing a lot more of the smaller sizes now to meet those demands."
Lakenan most recently worked as vp of sales for Somerset, NJ-based Kas Oriental Rugs. Prior to that he was the vp of sales and marketing for Anderson, SC-based Orian Rugs Inc.
He will continue to be based out of Columbia, MD.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...