WestPoint seeks lion's share
By Marvin Lazaro -- Home Textiles Today, 11/27/2000 12:00:00 AM
NEW YORK -WestPoint Stevens Inc. will walk among the lions with its latest licensing agreement.
Sirius Thinking Ltd., WGBH Boston and WestPoint Stevens have entered into an agreement for the New York-based bedding manufacturer to develop and produce a line of juvenile boys and girls bed and bath products dubbed Between the Lions. According to WestPoint Stevens, the line will be sold exclusively at Sears for a year from the bedding's release date in January 2001.
"We are delighted to be associated with quality children's programming that promotes reading and learning," said Nancy Golden, director of licensing for WestPoint Stevens. "Between the Lions epitomizes our approach to licensing, which is to work with top-notch properties with great growth potential well into the future."
Based on the popular public television children's series of the same name that was developed by WGBH Boston, the collection will include sheet sets, comforters, dust ruffles, pillow shams, decorative pillows and window valances, while a bath towel and washcloth will make up the bath set.
Dominating the bedroom set will be a denim pattern called Between the Lions, suitable for boys and girls. The comforter will feature alternating blocks of denim with the main characters of the television series, Leona and Lionel, on solid primary color blocks. It will reverse to a denim texture with a circular book motif. The pillowcase will also be reversible with Leona and Lionel arm-in-arm on one side and the Between the Lions/Get Wild About Reading logo on the other.
The bath towels will be available in two patterns. One will feature Lionel being given a bath by his father on a turquoise background, while Leona will be wrapped in a towel on a brilliant red background on the other. Washcloths featuring Lionel will also be available.
"It's great to have WestPoint Stevens join our list of licensees," said Erica Lindberg Gourd, senior vp of merchandising, promotions and licensing, Sirius Thinking. "Bed and bath products should be playful, and WestPoint Stevens has kept the essence of the property and done a wonderful job of making the lions come alive."
"Between the Lions" was launched on PBS last spring and won the 2000 Television Critics Association award for "Outstanding Achievement in Children's Programming." The half-hour daily series takes its viewers "between the lions" of an infinitely large, imaginary library to promote early learning and reading competency in young children.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...