TJX adds ceo title to president Meyrowitz
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 1/30/2007 1:51:00 PM
Framingham,Mass.– Off-price leader The TJX Companies has named Carol Meyrowitz ceo, effective Jan. 28. Meyrowitz will continue as president, a post she has held since October 2005, and as a member of the board of directors.
Chairman of the board Bernard Cammarata, who has been serving as acting ceo since September 2005, will continue as chairman. He said, “For more than 20 years, Carol has served our company with strong leadership, integrity and vision.”
TJXhad indicated last September that it planned to elect Meyrowitz to the ceo position. This morning’s announcement comes on the same day that Pier 1 Imports reported thatTJXsenior executive vp, group president Alex Smith will join Pier 1 as chairman and ceo, effective Feb. 19.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...