HD's Hopkins receives award
Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 8/5/2002 12:00:00 AM
UPPER SADDLE RIVER, NJ —
Hunter Douglas Window Fashions' president and ceo, Marv Hopkins, was honored with a Courage Award from the Community Mental Health Foundation of Paramus, NJ, on June 26.
The award was for Hopkins' implementation of employee assistance services throughout North America. The Community Mental Health Foundation is a non-profit corporation dedicated to mental health issues, providing public education, program development, community relations and fundraising support to Care Plus NJ, which provides mental health services to northern New Jersey.
"Marv is known for his commitment to the needs of all his employees. He started the Hunter Douglas Employee Assistance program, which provides counseling in 26 states to Hunter Douglas employees and their families through Care Plus, NJ," said Linda Hausdorff, executive director of the foundation "He also initiated the Hunter Douglas Scholarship Program for the children of Hunter Douglas employees."
Said Hopkins, "The effectiveness and well-being of our 6,000 employees across the United States is of vital importance to our company. The Employee Assistance Program provides confidential referrals to outside professional counseling, while our Scholarship Program, where are donating about $100,000 each year, helps to identify young people whose futures can be advanced through college scholarships and other forms of aid."
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...