Cost Plus Adds Supply Chain Org., Online Selling
By Michele SanFilippo -- Home Textiles Today, 11/28/2005 12:00:00 AM
Oakland, Calif. — —
Oakland, Calif. — Cost Plus, Inc. has created a supply chain organization focused on improving inventory levels, led by a former Williams-Sonoma executive, the company stated during its third-quarter earnings call.
Heading up the new division is Ray Whitley, senior vice president of supply chain operations, who will be responsible for distribution, logistics, planning and allocation. He brings a background in inventory and supply management from Williams-Sonoma, Inc., where he was vice president of supply chain optimization and store operations.
Barry Feld, Cost Plus president and CEO, added, “We will continue to improve inventory levels as we move forward. To ensure that we continue to aggressively manage our inventory levels, we have reorganized various disciplines under a new supply chain organization that will report directly to me.”
In addition, the company is focused on growing its Internet presence and has started selling select products at www.worldmarket.com. Cost Plus will be advertising in major online newspapers and sending targeted e-mail blasts to more than 500,000 customers.
“We are very excited about the opportunities for growth and brand building in this distribution channel, and anticipate rapid expansion of the various product categories offered for sale on our site,” said Feld, adding that early numbers indicate the Web will become a significant revenue stream.
In fact, Cost Plus executives said the new online sales tool has provided the opportunity for the company to enter the catalog business sometime in early 2006. It is currently working on its first catalog, designed to bring triangular marketing into the fold.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...