Penney plans Oscar night blitz, shifts FY
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 2/17/2005 12:40:00 PM
PLANO , Texas — JCPenney plans to launch its new spring advertising campaign, "For all the sides of you." during the Academy Awards. Six new commercials, created by the Chicago office of DDB Worldwide, will debut during the Feb. 27 broadcast to showcase the company's assortment of apparel and home furnishings.
Three commercials highlight JCPenney's exclusive relationships with celebrity designers, including the newest addition, Nicole Miller. The nicole by Nicole Miller collection of dressy casual women's clothing premieres in JCPenney stores this month.
In other Penney news, the board of directors has approved a change in the company's fiscal year end to align with the fiscal calendars of the majority of national retailers. Effective Jan. 29, 2005 , the end of fiscal year 2004, the company's fiscal year will end on the Saturday closest to Jan. 31. According to the company, there is no impact to 2004 or 2005; however, fiscal 2006 will end on Feb. 3, 2007 and will contain 53 weeks.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...