Linens 'n Things Says “I do” with Planner Mindy Weiss
By Carole Sloan -- Home Textiles Today, 5/1/2006 12:00:00 AM
New York — —
New York — Linens 'n Things has teamed up with celebrity wedding and event planner Mindy Weiss, who will act as the retailer's exclusive bridal and gift registry expert.
The new program, which launched on LNT's Web site last month, is now available in the company's 542 stores, said Lisa Evanchuk, director of strategy and business development.
The program “is a partnership, designed to take the mystery out of the bridal registration process,” explained Evanchuk. “We're trying to make it a fun experience, especially with the interactive piece where they can ask questions.”
The questions, Weiss noted, “typically go into trends vs. the seasonality. Most often the question is about color.” But despite trends and fashion, Weiss explained that “a lot of brides want a fantasy celebrity-type wedding. I try to taper them back.”
Of fairly recent vintage is the interest of the grooms in planning the wedding as well as developing the gift list, said Weiss. “They are very involved in the registry — today they cook and plan the home décor.”
A big question, Weiss noted, “is who pays what. Modern answers are so difficult.”
While LNT is expanding its registry program to include a variety of special events, a baby registry is not in the near term program, said Evanchuk, since the company does not have the assortment of merchandise that would require.
While Weiss looks at the registry picture broadly, especially for bridal, she has some personal product preferences. “I'm obsessed with decorative pillows and candles,” she said candidly.
And the rooms she is most directed to in her advice “are those for entertaining — the kitchen and dining room. I try to show how to create a good basic foundation, and then add on, season after season.”
Weiss sees the Nate Berkus home collection, an LNT exclusive, as having real potential for product suggestions in the registry programs. “I'm a huge fan of Nate's, but we've yet to get together to do rooms. It's in our plans.”
The new registry program is designed to build upon the general LNT thrust. “We're known for fashion and fun in decorating,” said Evanchuk.
Weiss is being featured in consumer mailings and Web announcements, and may do personal appearances at fall store openings. New signage already is in place in the stores and there are lists on the registry of “must haves.”
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...