Deco Contract takes step in right direction
By Carole Sloan -- Home Textiles Today, 9/24/2001 12:00:00 AM
BRUSSELS, BELGIUM —
Calling this year's exhibition the first of three years of development, Patrick Geysels, director of Deco Contract, called the event "the first step in our investment in the future."
In 2000, Textirama, the organizer of Decosit, the international decorative and upholstery fabrics exhibition, tested the contract fabric waters with a small space adjacent to the main Decosit exhibition with mixed results.
This year's Deco Contract featured 65 exhibitors, "and the quality of the exhibitors projected a good image and succeeded as the first step," Geysels reported.
"Our push in the coming two years is to develop the show; it needs three years, and we have a long way to go."
Deco Contract, which runs concurrently with Decosit, occupies Hall 12, "and our goal is to fill Hall 12 to create more power of impact." For 2002, Geysels' goal is to attract more than 85 exhibitors.
Giving the American perspective, Larry Brill, director, market expansion division, OTEXA, U.S. Department of Commerce, said, "We are taking Deco Contract very seriously."
"Every year I hope to improve the activities of the U.S. Pavilion. This year was a vast improvement overall for Deco Contract compared with last year, and we already have new companies asking to be exhibitors in the U.S. Pavilion next year."
In line with this, Brill noted that present exhibitors would like to see more exhibitors in their categories, creating a critical mass for buyers.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...