New Pantone system to streamline color development
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 3/8/2007 1:40:00 PM
Carlstadt , N.J. – In an effort to shorten the color development process, Pantone has partnered with textiles colorant and chemical producer Clariant International to create a series of tools for the home fashions industry.
The partners reformulated each of Pantone’s 1,925 colors to reduce the number of dyestuff components used in them, thereby making the right color easier to produce in less time, according to Sid Estreicher, Pantone’s corporate director of business development for fashion and home. The reformulation also ensures colors are more consistent from one light to another and maximizes color fastness, he said.
A jointly operated web site, www.MatchPantoneColors.com, will provide dyestuff recipes to match Pantone Fashion + Home colors, backed by Clariant’s dyestuff distribution network in 75 countries. The site also provides spectral data for each color, information Pantone did not previously supply.
Color swatches will now be packed in a BH-free, UV-resistant sleeve. “It’s airtight, so it won’t degrade in inventory,” Estreicher said. Also, for the first time, Pantone is introducing a portable color book, which opens like an accordion to reveal all Pantone’s colors for home.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...