Company Head Donates $1 Million To Medical Center
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 5/16/2005 12:00:00 AM
Boonton, N.J. —
Stanley Ho, president of bath product supplier Allure Home Creation Co. Inc., recently donated $1 million to help establish the Glenda Garvey Teaching Academy at the Columbia University Medical Center in New York City.
Ho said he made the pledge — which is under his name and the name of his wife, Joy — as a way of thanking his longtime family physician at Columbia.
Elizabeth Streich, the university's senior communication specialist, said the money will be used to provide faculty development, curriculum improvements and advances in educational scholarships.
The academy is gearing up to launch later this month.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...