Ralph taps Calvin for new head of home
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 5/10/2004 12:00:00 AM
NEW YORK —
The Polo Ralph Lauren Corporation has hired former Calvin Klein Senior Vice President Barbara Deichman as president of Ralph Lauren Home, effective May 24.
She will have responsibility for all aspects of the home business, reporting to Ralph Lauren, chairman and CEO, and Roger Farah, president and chief operating officer.
For the past 10 years, Deichman was senior vice president at Calvin Klein, responsible for launching the home business and then expanding it in Europe and Asia.
The company also announced that Ken Rood has been named president of the new Lauren Home business. He will report to Deichman.
Additionally, the company stated that Stephen Earle has joined the business as senior vice president, home design, for Ralph Lauren and Lauren, reporting to Alfredo Paredes, executive vice president of Global Creative Services, Polo Store Development and Home Collection Design Studio.
Earle was at Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia for the past nine years, most recently as senior vice president, editorial director, home.
Home furnishings accounted for $57 million, or 22.8 percent, of Polo Ralph Lauren Corporation's $250 million in licensing revenues for the fiscal year 2003, which ended in March 2003, according to the company's 2003 annual report. Results for fiscal year 2004 will be reported later this month.
Home furnishings licenses include furniture, tabletop, lighting, carpeting, and bedding and bath. Bedding and bath licensee WestPoint Stevens paid $39.8 million in licensing royalties in fiscal year 2003, according to Polo's third quarter filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission this past February.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...