Nautica expands bedding, towels
By Marvin Lazaro -- Home Textiles Today, 8/12/2002 12:00:00 AM
NEW YORK —
Looking to get a jump on the competition by unveiling new product a full two months before fall market, Nautica offered a look at three new beds, two new decorative towels and several new bath accessories collections.
The Nautica Home collection, with the exception of the beach towels, is manufactured by the American Pacific Home, which is based in San Francisco.
All three of the new beds are for the second tier of Nautica's bedding ensembles, known as Bridge, which also includes Crew and Stateroom. While Crew is younger in flavor and construction and Stateroom is designed with the master bedroom in mind, the Bridge offerings are more sophisticated than the former but not as detailed as the latter.
Devonshire Floral features a blend of paisley and floral patterns with embroidery on the comforter face, which also reverses to a gingham print. The 200-count yarn dye sheeting features a coordinating gingham print, while the bedskirt is constructed of natural denim. Retail prices range from $254.99 for a queen-sized comforter to $58.00 for an open stock flat or fitted sheet.
Lakeshore Denim is dominated by the all-denim comforter face that reverses to a soft chambray. The 200-count open-stock sheets are offered in two patterns, a ticking stripe or a floral bandanna print. Details includes Nautica's small leather NS-83 patch that commemorates the company's beginnings in 1983. Prices for this ensemble range from $174.99 for a queen comforter to $60 for a ticking stripe queen sheet and $58 for a bandanna print sheet.
Decidedly more masculine in flavor, Blues Cruise features various shades of blue throughout the ensemble. The ticking stripe comforter reverses to a windowpane print, and the sheets are also offered in two patterns, a shirting stripe and a hibiscus reminiscent of a woodblock print. A queen comforter retails for $270, a duvet for $200 and a quilt for $190. Both the shirting stripe and hibiscus sheets range from $60 for a queen size flat or fitted.
Nautica has also supplemented its decorative towel line with two new designs and its bath accessory line with three new collections. Both the Pink Sands and Cottage Retreat towels are coordinate with beds introduced during the April market. Both feature embroidered designs on a softly colored neutral or white ground and will retail for $20.
In bath accessories, Avenue, Ottoman and Slicker are all new. Avenue and Ottoman coordinate with previously introduced or new beds. Slicker, however, is the coordinate to the Slicker shower curtain. Retail prices are from $20 to $35.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...