NRF Names Macy’s Lundgren as chairman of the board
-- Home Textiles Today, 1/13/2010 12:21:00 PM
New York – Macy’s chairman, president and ceo, Terry J. Lundgren, has been elected as chairman of the board of the National Retail Federation and Stephen I. Sadove, chairman and ceo of Saks Incorporated, was elected to serve as first vice chairman of the organization’s board of directors.
The election took place this week during NRF's 99th Annual Convention and Expo here at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center.
Other newly elected NRF officers include: Kip Tindell, chairman and ceo of The Container Store, who will serve as the second vice chairman of the board as well as chairman of NRF’s awards and nominations committee; Robert M. Benham, president and ceo of Balliet’s LLC, who was elected as NRF’s new corporate secretary of the board; and Roger N. Farah, president and coo of Polo Ralph Lauren Corporation, who will serve as chairman of NRF’s finance committee.
Each officer will serve a two-year term.
"Our impressive board includes a diverse group of retailers, each of whom represents NRF’s growing member base," said Tracy Mullin, NRF president and ceo. "The professionalism and experience of each board member will assure NRF’s continued success well into the future.”
Other executives elected to the NRF Board and who will serve three-year terms include: Marty P. Albertson, chairman and ceo of Guitar Center Inc.; Daniel Lalonde, president and ceo of Louis Vuitton North America Inc., and Laurent Milchoir, ceo of Etam Group.
In addition, two members join the board of directors as representatives of the Associate Member Advisory Council. They are John Karonis, president of the consumer group of KSA, and Lori Schafer, executive advisor of the retail division of SAS Institute.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...