Sears finds its 'personality'
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 6/16/2004 12:00:00 AM
HOFFMAN ESTATES, Ill. — As Martha Stewart is to Kmart and Chris Madden is to JCPenney, "Extreme Makeover" guru Ty Pennington will soon become to Sears, Roebuck and Co.
The retailer announced this morning that it has signed an exclusive, multi-year agreement with the television personality and home design expert for a broad range of activities, including advertising, product design and development, merchandising and support for the company's community outreach initiatives.
During his first season on ABC's "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition," Pennington led a team of home designers and carpenters to revamp dwelling spaces for a dozen families. He also recently published his first book, "Ty's Tricks." A blend of handyman tips, how-to projects and humor, the book made The New York Times bestseller list.
"He is the latest and most dramatic example of the actions Sears is taking to grow our business in ways that showcase the breadth of our relevant, quality products," said Roger Detter, Sears senior vice president and general merchandise manager.
Other celebrities with Sears' product and marketing affiliations include Bob Vila (Craftsman), Nick Stellino (Kenmore) and Lucy Pereda (apparel).
"As part of the Sears product design and marketing teams, I'll be celebrating Sears as the good life partner at home and at play, full of new ideas, exciting products and a tremendous sense of style," said Pennington.
We would love your feedback!
- Jun 21, 2004
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...