Perfect Fit boosts sales, mktg. staff
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 7/7/2003 12:00:00 AM
NEW YORK —
Bedding producer Perfect Fit Industries has beefed up its sales and marketing team with a number of key changes, including the appointment of Jeff Chilton as vp, national sales manager.
At the same time, the company has virtually doubled its New York showroom space, moving to larger quarters at 261 Fifth Ave., Suite 1901, to accommodate its growing basic bedding business following last year's acquisition of California Feather and Down. The company had been located in a smaller space on the third floor of the building.
As vp, national sales manager, a new position, Chilton reports to Herb Briggs, senior vp of marketing and sales. He will oversee all sales efforts for Perfect Fit's basic bedding and warming products. He joins the company from Pillowtex Corp., where he had been vp, national accounts. Prior to his stint at Pillowtex, Chilton had been vp, national sales manager at Guilford Home Fashions.
Commenting on the appointment, Briggs said, "We are very excited to have someone with Jeff's broad background join our staff. His knowledge of our industry and proven managerial skills adds significant strength in growing our business."
As part of a related string of internal promotions, Bill DePiazza was named vp of merchandising, focusing on feather and down products. He had been vp of sales.
Allen Robinson was promoted to director of marketing and product development, adding product development to his earlier responsibilities as director of marketing.
Rick McCain was promoted to senior product manager for both polyester and feather and down products. He had been product manager for feather and down.
Perfect Fit's new 7,600-square-foot showroom virtually doubles its former size and features added meeting space for customers as well as additional room for display beds and packaged products.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...